As most busy business owners know, keeping on top of your website maintenance can be confusing and very time consuming. Often we are so busy running our business we lack the time to work on our business and website maintenance is one of those areas that is often overlooked and left behind.
Regular website maintenance is integral to delivering valuable results to your business. Your website is an asset that you have already invested both time and money into, but without proper maintenance you increase the risk of it running slow, being hacked or simply not working correctly – all things that will drive away potential business.
Instead you need to value your initial investment by maintaining your site and, as they say, prevention is better than the cure. Generally speaking it is more cost effective to carry out consistent maintenance including updates and back-ups then it is to attempt to rebuild sites that have been banned from Google or hacked sites. On top of the cost to rebuild you would need to consider the cost of being off-line or business lost due to website security or performance issues.
Web maintenance plans should cover both “front-end” and “back-end” components such as:
· Updating Content Management Systems (CMS)
· Add new features & technologies such as social media buttons as needed
· Backing up your website
· Site owner support
· Basic content Site updates
· Server updates (if we are hosting your site)
· Security Updates
The benefits of outsourcing your website maintenance to a professional include:
· Knowing that technician that uses WordPress and the plugins every day is looking after your site. So they will know which plugins work and which don’t, what updates are working and what to be cautious of, provide insight in ways you can improve your site and will stay calm and focused on the job at hand – so your website will be in safe hands even if something doesn’t go as planned.
· Knowing that your site is running at peak performance –responsive, fast loading, multi- platform,
· The peace of mind that the work is being done and you don’t have to try and fit it in to your already busy schedule
· The cost is known and considered
· You website data and security is guaranteed even if an employee leave
Talk to us today about starting your Caboodle Web maintenance plan. You don’t need to have your site designed or hosted by Caboodle Web to have us maintain it; we will happily perform web maintenance duties for you on sites designed or hosted by someone else.